1908 – Foundation of Hayes
Hayes Wheel Co., was founded in Detroit, Michigan, and begins the production of wheel hub, it becomes responsible for 50% of North American production.
1909 – Foundation of Kelsey Wheel Co.
Kelsey Wheel Co. was founded in Detroit, Michigan, it supplies wooden wheels for the classic Ford T model.
1919 – Lemmerz productes wheel in Europe
Lemmerz begins wheel production in Konigswinter, Germany.
1927 – Kelsey joins Hayes
Merger of Hayes Wheels and Kelsey Wheel Co. becomes it Kelsey-Hayes.
1962 -Lemmerz opens an industrial plant in Mexico LINK
Aiming expansion in the North American market, the company begins producing wheels Mexico.
1968 – Production of Steel Wheels
Lemmerz and Borlem formed a joint venture and produces steel wheels in Brazil, an innovation in the country.
1996 – Creation of Hayes Lemmerz
Hayes Wheels acquires Lemmerz and becomes Hayes Lemmerz Intl., Unifying both global businesses.